Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My First Wedding




So, last weekend (Oct. 24th) I shot my first wedding. I think that it went well, and I was pretty happy with the pictures that I got. I did this for a friend (kinda...I mean, not that I am not friends, but the person that works in the business office of my high school was the mother of the groom, and she asked my old yearbook advisor to do it and so of course I was dragged into it...not that I minded.) So it was interesting. I liked it because it was my first try at weddings and it was really low key and not a lot of pressure. I think that it was a good way to start that type of photography.

I don't really have a lot to say about it, but I do have a lot of pictures...so here they are:

These first two photos I obviously did not take, but that is ok...cause I am in them! And it is actually a rare case of me liking a photo I am in. These were taken by my old yearbook advisor who helped me shoot the wedding.

I like this one except for the fact that it is overexposed by a billion stops... but oh well. I like what this photo would be if it were exposed correctly lol...

So, these are the photos that I took, and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be in most cases. It was interesting just being in the moment, and trying to not interact and mess with people, but also interacting with people that I had never seen before. I don't really even know if that makes since, but oh well. I did enjoy being able to capture these moments, and if I have to say so myself, I think I did pretty well.




If this picture doesn't say "trouble" then nothing else will. These two guys were funny though - and they were the perfect dichotomy. The one on the left was rowdy and uncontrollable, and the one on the right was just the perfect little gentleman. But that didn't stop them from getting in trouble a few times.

Now this little girl I had met before; she goes to the dance studio that I took pictures at last year, and even though she has never said anything to me (that I can remember) she always gives a bashful smile when I am around.



I like the first picture of the hands, but I really like the second one because the preacher in the background is smiling, and, it feels more happy I suppose.



In this shot I got my teacher, and I am willing to bet that the first shot I put up was right after I took this shot (as I was in that one) kinda funny since this is the only frame that we both got in each other's way.





Hopefully this will be the first of two (maybe three) posts today, and I am still trying to find time to make a new head banner for the blog. But I am not really sure what that should look like as I am doing a lot of things right now. (Over the summer I was mainly doing weeklong, or blocked off things, so it was easy to have a banner, but I will be thinking of something.)

Until later (hopefully),

-joshua



No comments:

Post a Comment