Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clemson Football (vs. Florida State)

So, I know that I have been promising these photos since about two days before I actually took them, but well, now they are here - so no need to complain anymore. (And I don't feel bad anymore about not having them up. lol)

I was really nervous/not excited about taking pictures at the FSU because it was a night game and that means insanely high ISO (which makes for grainy pictures) and I was afraid that it would be pretty cold. But it wasn't bad, and I actually got a lot of pictures that were really good. And by a lot I mean a lot...

ESPN was at the game, and they had this very nifty little skycam thing that flies over the field. I know that we have all watched games from it before and know wht they are, but it is interesting to see one in action. I am curious as to how they work. You would think that there needs to be a team of people or something, but that would just seem really complicated to me.

The students were very excited for this game and lots of time was put into making signs and letters for the ESPN crew and just for atmosphere. It must have worked to - we won the game 40-24 and were ranked 24 after the game.


This is one of my fellow photogs out there on the field (and court) most games. I felt like this should be like a ThinkTankPhoto ad or something, and I also want a pic like this for my profile pic on facebook lol...I should get on that; I do have to do a self portrait for my GC class...

I really am not sure what the heck was going on on this play; the O-line did not move and our blockers were all up in Ponder's grill (sorry, I know, I am white, but I just got caught up in the moment). I have been told that when the defense goes off-sides (or something like that) the Florida State O-line doesn't move so that it is obvious or something like that (shesh, I don't know a whole lot about this "sports" thing do I?) and there was a flag on the play so perhaps that is what it was. I just wanted to see him get killed. (But that didn't happen.)

This photo was taken on the next play, and it is one of my favorites from the game. I just love how Ponder is throwing the ball and in the middle of the frame and everyone on the outside is leading in towards him. He is the peak of the action and this is what a sports shot is suppose to be all about.

These guys were celebrating after the play for some reason (I have forgotten now) but I think that it was because of an interception. (They aren't in the end-zone so interception is all that I can think of.)

This is also a really cool shot (though it didn't make it to the portfolio consideration folder) but I like it as a leading shot from the game. Xavier Dye is actually from Greenwood (my home town) so that is pretty cool. He had a good game Saturday and really stepped it up.

Florida State's Jermain Thomas was I think the only person on the Seminoles team that did anything. I don't actually think that, but while I was captioning it felt like his name was the only one I was writing down from Florida State.

This is a really nifty new thing that we are doing in the stadium. If you have a wifi enabled phone, while you are in the stadium you can connect to iTiger which will give you real time updating on the game stats. I really was a little doubtful at first but after checking it out, it is actually really a pretty cool thing. And I think that they are still working on doing more things with it and making it better. So I am excited to see the things that are becoming from all of our Top 20 Initiative programs and from just upgrading and modernizing our campus. There is really a lot of cool things that can be done with modern tech and it is cool to feel like you are on the cutting edge of those new trends.

This is a picture that I really like that I feel captures motion very well. The twirlers and color guards in bands can really add a lot to it and I really think that the ribbons are a lot cooler than the batons (that is just my opinion though). At any rate, I like the motion and action in this picture a lot.



Here is 38 again diving for the first down (I don't know if he made it or not but it is still a cool picture). I like this one a lot because even though there is a lot going on in this picture you are drawn to the ball carrier. And if you look closely you can see that even though there is a lot happening in this photo, several of the other players are also watching the ball carrier. I like the since of unity in multiplicity that this photo has (Oooo, look at that big fancy term from philosophy of aesthetics last year haha) and this is definitely one for the portfolio.



(I think that this one would make a really cool background for a computer)


I really like this shot too...If he had actually blocked the pass it would be amazing, but I think it is pretty great as it is.

As always, Spiller was a beast during the game. We are going to miss him next year, but Ellington has really been stepping up so that is a good thing.



This isn't a spectacular photo per say, but what I really like about it is how the clemson players are watching Ponder through the ball. It is kinda like...darn...we should have stopped that from happening.



This was the third time that I was almost ran over at the game. (Second by Spiller). But I have learned by now when to stop taking pictures and when to run.

I believe this was after the last touchdown that we made and I really love this photo because almost half the team is in this photo celebrating.


The drum line gave a performance after the game and it was pretty good. It was suppose to be a drum-off between the Clemson drum line and the Florida State drum line, but I guess Florida State was just really sad that they lost the game, or something. It was a pretty awesome game for us as afterwards we were ranked (24, but still) and it set us on the path for the ACC Championship.

Anyway, hope that you can enjoy these photos and I am looking forward to tomorrow's post because it should involve Brother Micah (HE'S BACK!!!!)

Until tomorrow,

-joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment