Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Art 213 - Final Project [Part 1]


So, tonight's blog post was going to be about a project that I have been working on with another student for the past semester, but I left the jumpdrive with the file on it at work today (I was making a flyer for one of the exhibits at the Museum) and so I don't have it to upload.


Fortunately, I was planning on doing several blog posts this week before my trip to the beach next week, and so I will put up some other stuff tonight.


I have 5 photos that I shot for my final project in Art 213 (Beginning photography) this past semester. For this project we had to shoot at least 4 roles of black and white film, develop everything, and make at least 6 final prints in the style of a famous photographer. I chose William Klein as my photographer (he was a fashion photographer for Vogue (Paris) in the late 1950's early '60's) and I decided to do a fashion-esk mini-story, which had 8 frames in it (if I remember correctly, I only have my extras as I haven't gotten the whole project back yet).

[For those that are curious, these were shot and printed in black and white film/paper, but I have scanned them in and did some levels/contrast adjusting in Photoshop afterwards.]

I was really drawn to Klein's work because of his technique, which at the time was a challenge to the norm. He shot with wide-angles, telephotos, and flash, when the standard was the 50 prime, and I really liked the voyeurism and photojournalistic edge that he brought to his fashion photography.


I didn't have quite the budget that I would have liked obviously, but I believe that the shoot went really well considering all of the circumstances, and I really enjoyed this project.

When I get my portfolio back I will scan and upload the rest of the photos from this series, and make a flickr gallery for them all as well.

until then,
-joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment