Friday, June 17, 2011

It's been a busy couple of weeks...

So, I did this post mainly to let people know that I am still here, and I am working on some things, but I have been pretty busy recently trying to make sure that I don't forget anything for the upcoming project that I am going to be working on next week.

But I wouldn't want to leave people empty handed. I have been really into collage work lately, and I have been experimenting myself with digital collage. I have made one piece that I really like and that I think I am going to continue to make a series out of.

"The Bringer of Fortune" (click for a larger view)

I wanted to post that now without a whole lot of explanation because I don't feel that this is the time for explanation on it. (If someone wants to post questions or thoughts then I will be more than happy to entertain them however.)

I think that I want to work some more with this series and idea, and further develop the idea of the "Myt Fckng O!" and the mythos around him, but before I do that I think that I am going to just explore collage more, and try to find some influences in that area of art.

Now on to the next week...

This week I have been I have been preparing for my upcoming week in Summerville, volunteering to document for a NGO. Among that I have been working 7 hour days at the local museum (my part time summer job, it is only open half the week) so it has been pretty busy trying to get everything ready and make sure that I am packed to go live on a church floor for a week along with all (and I mean ALL) of my computers and camera gear. But it should be a pretty amazing week full of still photography and a video project!

All thing considered, I don't have time to really blog tonight, but I will be blogging at least once every two days while at the camp about the things that I will be doing. I am using this camp next week as a test run for a project that I hope I will be working on all summer next summer for school, documenting, in both still and video photography the efforts of the NGO Salkehatchie. (I will go into greater detail about the Salk camps in my first post tomorrow night.)

So, until tomorrow night,

-joshua

1 comment:

  1. I don't really understand what all is going on, but I like it aesthetically at least lol *waits for explanation*


    also, you should see the hip-hop art exhibit down here at the Ringling Art Museum. It's pretty sweet, and there's a lot with collage work.

    ReplyDelete